Welcome to Dan Alexander Dizmentia

Welcome to Dan Alexander Dizmentia
Thank You For Visiting

MAN-ATEE AND WOMAN-TARAY: NEW SUPER HEROES SURFACE

MAN-ATEE AND WOMAN-TARAY: NEW SUPER HEROES SURFACE
Join the Crime Wave

Bad Biker Kitties Are On The Prowl

Bad Biker Kitties Are On The Prowl
Join The Kitten Motorcycle Gang

Formula Juan Racer: Numero Uno!

Formula Juan Racer: Numero Uno!
A Real Wild Juan

Baby Formula Juan Racer

Baby Formula Juan Racer
Juan Year Old

Sunday, March 28, 2010

The Monster Plantation/The Monster Mansion Part 1










In 1981, Six Flags Over Georgia opened a boat ride called The Monster Plantation. Passengers float past dozens of comical and menacing animatronic monsters. This attraction was developed by many former (and some current) Disney Imagineers.

In 2009, The Monster Plantation became The Monster Mansion. The monsters got refinished, and some new characters were added. There are now new special effects, sets, lighting, audio, and even the exterior got a bit of an upgrade.

Shown here is the exterior and the load/unload area. I'll be posting pictures from 1985, 2008 and 2009. I'm sure many eagle-eyes will spot the changes.

Stay tuned for more monster madness!

7 comments:

  1. Neat-O! I've been curious about this attraction ever since you first posted about it. Thanks for sharing these...looking forward to seeing more pics.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hey TokyoMagic! I'm glad to hear that! More are on the way.

    ReplyDelete
  3. What a fun ride. I, too, enjoyed the pics you posted a few weeks ago and am looking forward to the next installments.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Very nice! Looking forward to seeing more. Thank you for the look.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Hey Peyton! I'm happy that you enjoyed those.:-)

    outsidetheberm: Hello! Thank you for the nice comment!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Pretty impressive from the outside even!! My favorite rides as a kid were boat rides like Pirates, and the log ride at Knott's. I would've LOVED this thing as a kid!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Darrin, because of the scary Monster Marsh section of The Monster Plantation, I did not like this ride when I first rode it in 1983. As the years went on, I ended up loving it very much. I also love water-based rides.

    ReplyDelete