Welcome to Dan Alexander Dizmentia

Welcome to Dan Alexander Dizmentia
Thank You For Visiting

MAN-ATEE AND WOMAN-TARAY: NEW SUPER HEROES SURFACE

MAN-ATEE AND WOMAN-TARAY: NEW SUPER HEROES SURFACE
Join the Crime Wave

Bad Biker Kitties Are On The Prowl

Bad Biker Kitties Are On The Prowl
Join The Kitten Motorcycle Gang

Formula Juan Racer: Numero Uno!

Formula Juan Racer: Numero Uno!
A Real Wild Juan

Baby Formula Juan Racer

Baby Formula Juan Racer
Juan Year Old

Monday, March 15, 2010

Ren and Stimpy: Pat the Stimpy









This may be one of the funniest things I have ever seen.

I think most everyone is familiar with the "interactive" children's book, "Pat the Bunny," which debuted in 1940 and featured elements like soft "rabbit fur" and a mirror.

The Ren & Stimpy Show, a "Nicktoon" that debuted in 1991, was great fun because it did not play by the rules. John Kricfalusi's wild characters and their twisted shenanigans no doubt made Nickelodeon nervous.

My favorite episode was "Space Madness," in which Ren the Chihuahua went off the deep end as only he could.

"Pat the Stimpy" debuted in 1993. I bought this for $1 at Books-A-Million many years ago. It is missing the sock feature, but I did not care.

2 comments:

  1. Holy Crap. I remember Space Madness! I even remember the credit intro and music! I've gotta say that's my favorite episode as well! Have you seen the newer episodes? Funny.. albeit "raunchier" than the old ones!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Darrin, I never saw the new Ren and Stimpy shows, but I remember when they debuted---I did not have cable at the time. I do remember reading that they were much more adult.

    I think I'm probably more similar to Stimpy, but I find Ren's Type A psychotic outbursts to be hilarious. He reminds me of many people that I know (and try to avoid).

    ReplyDelete