Welcome to Dan Alexander Dizmentia

Welcome to Dan Alexander Dizmentia
Thank You For Visiting

MAN-ATEE AND WOMAN-TARAY: NEW SUPER HEROES SURFACE

MAN-ATEE AND WOMAN-TARAY: NEW SUPER HEROES SURFACE
Join the Crime Wave

Bad Biker Kitties Are On The Prowl

Bad Biker Kitties Are On The Prowl
Join The Kitten Motorcycle Gang

Formula Juan Racer: Numero Uno!

Formula Juan Racer: Numero Uno!
A Real Wild Juan

Baby Formula Juan Racer

Baby Formula Juan Racer
Juan Year Old

Friday, April 2, 2010

The Monster Plantation/The Monster Mansion Part 4

As our voyage continues, we see a smooching monster named Honeysuckle giving away free kisses at her booth.

A guy named Pops (you can only see his hand here) plays a game of horseshoes with his loony looking dragon pal.

Bobbing for apples is easy for a monster with a giant mouth.  New for The Monster Mansion in 2009 is an apple smell for this scene.

Next we see some characters dancing.  Well, you would have seen this many years ago, but the dancers were removed from the ride at some point, and they did not return for The Monster Mansion.  What happened to them?  I don't know!  Only the musicians (Jimmy, Billy and Maw--plus their guitar) survive from this scene.

A young character named Albert plays a midway game called "Hit the Human."  Ouch!

The Strongman monster called The Big Monster on Campus is one of my favorite characters.  A skateboard-rider named Zoomer circles this big lug.

A crazy looking creature plays a game of "ring the bell."  Years ago, the little monster that hit the bell had arms and legs.  These days, he only has arms.

There's also a chili contest (only partially seen here) featuring a character named Spurgeon, whose mouth is on fire!  For the Monster Mansion, intense heat and new light effects inside Spurgeon's mouth were added to this display.

Of course, there are monsters on the other side of the waterway.  We'll see (most) of them next time!

10 comments:

  1. Cute! Now I REALLY want to see this in person. Some of the scenes seem like they might have been better before the changes. Why would they mess with a good thing??? All the parks seem to do it. I guess it keeps somebody in a job.

    ReplyDelete
  2. You know that classic black-and-white scene with Kermit the Frog (before he was a frog) where he's eating the worms as they wiggle across the wall, and the last worm turns out to be the nose of a big hulking monster who eats Kermit?

    That big apple-bobbing monster reminds me of that monster.

    ReplyDelete
  3. TokyoMagic!: I agree with you 100% about the changes. I will say that quite a few of the character designs were significantly changed when the figures got refinished, and not necessarily for the better. A bit of detail work was lost here (some characters lost teeth, hair, hats, and changed expressions). However, SOMETHING had to be done, because in those 2008 pictures, many of the monsters and the background murals were falling apart and filthy. I can't complain about the changes because I'm just glad they didn't bulldoze the monsters and put in a Scooby Doo Ghostblasters ride (which was a rumor for a while). The biggest improvements for the Monster Mansion are seen in the Marsh section coming up. I only got to ride this once on my last trip, so I don't have many pictures.

    Peyton: Yes, I can totally see that! There's definitely a Muppet vibe going on here, with all these colorful monsters.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Pretty good stuff! I laughed when I saw the hit the human attraction!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Darrin, the creators clearly had a sense of humor!

    ReplyDelete
  6. I loved this ride when I first went to Six Flags with a friend a couple of months ago (for the Honda workers) It was pretty dark when I first went, but the 2nd time I got pretty used to it lol. But I got to ask, how do you know the names of the characters? I'm just curious

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. The names appeared in a MP coloring book and postcard book sold at Six Flags when the ride opened.

      Delete
  7. What happened to poor Spurgeon? I hope whoever's chili he ate, it wasn't savory. At all.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I guess it depends on what a monster would define as savory.

      Delete