Welcome to Dan Alexander Dizmentia

Welcome to Dan Alexander Dizmentia
Thank You For Visiting

MAN-ATEE AND WOMAN-TARAY: NEW SUPER HEROES SURFACE

MAN-ATEE AND WOMAN-TARAY: NEW SUPER HEROES SURFACE
Join the Crime Wave

Bad Biker Kitties Are On The Prowl

Bad Biker Kitties Are On The Prowl
Join The Kitten Motorcycle Gang

Formula Juan Racer: Numero Uno!

Formula Juan Racer: Numero Uno!
A Real Wild Juan

Baby Formula Juan Racer

Baby Formula Juan Racer
Juan Year Old

Monday, July 27, 2015

Hunter Dean, The New Vestavia Hills High School Rebel Without A Cause


In 1993, I graduated from Vestavia Hills High School in Alabama.

In July of 2013, I attended my 20 Year High School Reunion and contributed artwork of our Rebel mascot for the festivities (I had a blast at my Reunion, by the way).

In the Summer of 2015, VHHS became a lightning rod for controversy surrounding the the use of the school's southern-fried mascot.  My high school was even mentioned (mocked?---I did not see) on Comedy Central.  I never dreamed that would happen in a million years.  I always equated our old mascot with the KFC Colonel Sanders spokesman.

Long story short, the mascot is being replaced, and the school is choosing a new one.  My friend Sidney, who I've known since the fifth grade, texted me an idea he had for our new VHHS mascot.  Sidney's idea got better and better as we were texting.  He wanted me to draw up our new James Dean - inspired Rebel.  I came up with the name "Hunter Dean."

Hunter Dean is the most political cartoon I've ever done.  He's not bad, he's just drawn that way.

No comments:

Post a Comment