Welcome to Dan Alexander Dizmentia

Welcome to Dan Alexander Dizmentia
Thank You For Visiting

MAN-ATEE AND WOMAN-TARAY: NEW SUPER HEROES SURFACE

MAN-ATEE AND WOMAN-TARAY: NEW SUPER HEROES SURFACE
Join the Crime Wave

Bad Biker Kitties Are On The Prowl

Bad Biker Kitties Are On The Prowl
Join The Kitten Motorcycle Gang

Formula Juan Racer: Numero Uno!

Formula Juan Racer: Numero Uno!
A Real Wild Juan

Baby Formula Juan Racer

Baby Formula Juan Racer
Juan Year Old

Friday, July 21, 2017

My Disney Racers Concepts: Dueling Aladdin Sidekicks and Lady and the Tramp: Dog vs Cats

Grease Monkey Klepto Riff Raff Street Rat Rod

Way back in 2002, Disney and Hasbro released the Disney Wild Racers line of die cast cars.  At the time, they were sold in themed packs of two characters.  The cars themselves had names in addition to vanity plates.  It was during this time that I thought of different sets I wanted to see.  I recently found the drawings I did and tweaked them just a little bit.  One idea I had was for an Aladdin animal sidekick set.  Aladdin's friend, Abu the monkey, just had to be a Disney Racer.

I've decided to name each car like Disney Wild Racers did with their cars.

The car for Abu is Grease Monkey Klepto Riff Raff Street Rat Rod.

The Iago car is Molting Motor Mouth.

Molting Motor Mouth

Jafar's henchman parrot, Iago, is the perfect foil for Abu.

Tramp from Lady and the Tramp is a favorite character of mine.  The Tramp car is called Dashing Radical Mongrel.

Dashing Radical Mongrel
For whatever reason, I did not draw a design for Lady.  In my mind, I was thinking of "dueling" character sets.  Even though Disney Wild Racers had sets of friends (Like Mickey/Pluto and Timon/Pumbaa).

Though they share no screen time, I chose Si and Am the cats to duel with Tramp.

The Siamese Cat car is called Twin Tran SiAm.

Twin Tran SiAm

I liked the idea of representing both characters on one car.

Eventually, the Disney Wild Racers line was discontinued by Hasbro.  The toys live on as Disney Racers, sold at Disney theme parks.  These days, the focus is on Disney, Star Wars, and Marvel characters.

4 comments:

  1. These are great, Dan! You should work in toy design! Do you know if a product like this is designed at Disney, or would Hasbro have come up with the designs and Disney just had to approve them?

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks, TokyoMagic! I don't think Hasbro is involved anymore, and it is all done in-house by Disney Parks (though I'm guessing Lucasfilm and Marvel have a say with their characters). This type of car seems to be very common now in toy stores, branded by Hot Wheels. I have seen similar lines for Looney Tunes, DC Comics, Marvel, Star Wars, Spongebob Squarepants, Muppets, and Mario.

    ReplyDelete
  3. You have real drawing talent Dan! Like Tokyo says, you could work in toy design. I like the Twin Tran SiAm.

    ReplyDelete