Welcome to Dan Alexander Dizmentia

Welcome to Dan Alexander Dizmentia
Thank You For Visiting

MAN-ATEE AND WOMAN-TARAY: NEW SUPER HEROES SURFACE

MAN-ATEE AND WOMAN-TARAY: NEW SUPER HEROES SURFACE
Join the Crime Wave

Bad Biker Kitties Are On The Prowl

Bad Biker Kitties Are On The Prowl
Join The Kitten Motorcycle Gang

Formula Juan Racer: Numero Uno!

Formula Juan Racer: Numero Uno!
A Real Wild Juan

Baby Formula Juan Racer

Baby Formula Juan Racer
Juan Year Old

Friday, February 12, 2010

Go Build a Snow Fozzie




I got off work early today because it started to snow.

Snow is a big deal in the South. A light dusting can shut cities down. The threat of snow is enough for schools to close. Most schools here decided not to open today before a single snowflake fell. We could be getting 6 inches of snow, so things are pretty wild where I live.

Lots of folks are getting snow right now. My parents, my brother and his family live in Dallas, Texas, and right now they are covered in snow. So now is the perfect time for everyone to learn how to build a Snow Fozzie! These instructions are from the Winter 1986 issue of Muppet Magazine (with the Cosby Kids!!!). I have included a picture of the cover because the Snow Fozzie instruction guide mentions the Snow Gonzo, and you just had to see that!

I took a picture of myself to prove that it is snowing at my house. That's not dandruff---it's genuine snow!

6 comments:

  1. Wow....fun! It hasn't snowed here in my hometown since the 1940's. And no, I wasn't around then, but I've seen old postcards showing it. I guess it could happen again. If it does, I think I'd try building a Snow Mickey! My dad lives about a mile from Washington D.C., so he's been snowed in for days now. The snow line on our mountains here in So. California is very low....lower than I've seen it in a long time. I guess most of the country is having a cold spell. Be safe, Dan!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hey TokyoMagic! Our snow is already melting. We didn't get as much as they were thinking. I think my bosses were just ready to go home, so we closed :-)

    My brother used to live in Winchester, Virginia (not far from D.C.) and boy does that part of the country get cold!

    I remember seeing Disneyland get snow on the news many years ago. Maybe you'll get a cold snap soon and you can make that Snow Mickey!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I'm a little skeptical of their snow Fozzie since they don't actually show a photo. But it's good in theory!

    And I don't believe you... I think you just stood out in the snow so your dandruff wouldn't stand out. ;)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Peyton: Snow Fozzie seems more realistic than the Snow Gonzo pictured, which was clearly carved out of foam by Jim Henson's Workshop.

    I'm busted--I cannot seem to escape dandruff---it's even part of my name.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Haha, yeah, I'd like to see how someone could get a snow proboscis to work. Or should I say snowboscis?

    ReplyDelete
  6. Peyton, I think some sort of armature would be required. Or you could use some sort of produce item (carrots are used for snowman noses, after all).

    ReplyDelete