Welcome to Dan Alexander Dizmentia

Welcome to Dan Alexander Dizmentia
Thank You For Visiting

MAN-ATEE AND WOMAN-TARAY: NEW SUPER HEROES SURFACE

MAN-ATEE AND WOMAN-TARAY: NEW SUPER HEROES SURFACE
Join the Crime Wave

Bad Biker Kitties Are On The Prowl

Bad Biker Kitties Are On The Prowl
Join The Kitten Motorcycle Gang

Formula Juan Racer: Numero Uno!

Formula Juan Racer: Numero Uno!
A Real Wild Juan

Baby Formula Juan Racer

Baby Formula Juan Racer
Juan Year Old

Saturday, October 9, 2010

Pete's Euro Disneyland Attraction


Many years ago, before the 1992 opening of Euro Disneyland (now called Disneyland Paris) in France, I remember seeing a Disney Imagineer on a TV show carrying a sculpted bust of legendary villain Peg Leg Pete (also known as Bad Pete). I then saw a picture of this Bad Pete sculpture in a picture of this issue of Disney Newsreel. Disney Newsreel's covers were in color, but I made a black and white xerox copy of this image many years ago and accidentally left the original at Kinko's or wherever I made the copy.




It's hard to see what is going on in this picture. In the background, you can see sketches of a vulture and a fox character, and a western set. What the heck is this?!? Is this the Frontierland Shootin' Gallery at Disneyland Paris? Was it a show? Was it a store?

EDIT: On October 10th, I found out that this is indeed the Rustler Roundup Shootin' Gallery in Frontierland at Disneyland Paris. Pete pops up in the scenery. That fox character is also there. Mystery solved!





Frontierland Pete was eventually seen in merchandise at Walt Disney World. Here Pete can be seen as a bean bag plush toy. Plush versions of Pete are a rare sight!





I recently had a post called Disney's Haunted Mansion Parade of Homes. In keeping with the Frontierland theme, I thought I'd add this here. I just found a rare glimpse of the back of Phantom Manor at Disneyland Paris. Yes, this is what you don't see! You also don't see the Hitchhiking Ghosts shown here in the attraction in France. But they look good in front of the light-up Phantom Manor, don't they?

5 comments:

  1. Now I'm curious as to what that attraction with Pete might have been. They should've built it....or the Western River Expedition...or some other "E" ticket attraction in Paris. While I loved DL Paris (NOT their Studio Park, just DL Paris!), I felt that it needed one or two more "E" tickets. They don't have a Splash Mt., a Jungle Cruise, a Tiki Room, or a Country Bear Jamboree. I'm not saying they should add those specific attractions....just adding any two "E" ticket type attractions would be a welcome addition.

    ReplyDelete
  2. TokyoMagic!: I wondered if the Pete attraction would have been a substitute for a Country Bear Jamboree type show or a Shooting Gallery. It's too bad I don't have a color picture of the model, because it looked really neat.

    It's too bad there's not a Splash Mountain in Paris. I know different themes have been rumored over the years.

    It would be great to finally see the Western River Expedition built somewhere, like the Frontierland in Paris!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Mystery solved today--it is the Shootin' Gallery in Frontierland--starring Pete!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Ah-ha. Well, I really don't even remember where the shooting gallery is in Paris' Frontierland, so I must not have gotten a close-up look at it.

    They should still do some sort of a ride with Pete at one of the Disney parks.....and Horace Horsecollar, and Clarabelle Cow! They could stick it in Toontown.

    ReplyDelete
  5. TokyoMagic!: Paris may have the only Disney character-themed shooting gallery. I think the others are generic.

    I loved the games that used to be at Teddi Beara's Swingin' Arcade at Disneyland's Bear Country/Critter Country. I remember Country Bear games and I think there was a Splash Mountain one, too. Nice touch!

    I'm all for a ride featuring Pete, Horace and Clarabelle, too!

    ReplyDelete