Welcome to Dan Alexander Dizmentia

Welcome to Dan Alexander Dizmentia
Thank You For Visiting

MAN-ATEE AND WOMAN-TARAY: NEW SUPER HEROES SURFACE

MAN-ATEE AND WOMAN-TARAY: NEW SUPER HEROES SURFACE
Join the Crime Wave

Bad Biker Kitties Are On The Prowl

Bad Biker Kitties Are On The Prowl
Join The Kitten Motorcycle Gang

Formula Juan Racer: Numero Uno!

Formula Juan Racer: Numero Uno!
A Real Wild Juan

Baby Formula Juan Racer

Baby Formula Juan Racer
Juan Year Old

Sunday, December 13, 2009

Aristocats Got Your Tongue



Somehow I missed seeing The Aristocats in the theater as a kid---I did not see it until it debuted on VHS for the first time. I did grow up listening to this old record.

Imagine my shock when I saw the movie for the first time and the songs from my record were different from the movie! I no longer have a record player, so I can't listen to this, but I vividly remember these songs---they are VERY 1970s.

Like pretty much all my records, this is scratched up beyond belief. I also somehow managed to deface all my early books and records by drawing or writing on them.

I have other records like this, including The Jungle Book (with different versions of the songs) but the sleeves are missing. However, I just finally found the sleeve for The Aristocats, so maybe I'll find the others someday, too.

2 comments:

  1. A lot of my childhood records had different recordings/versions of the songs too. I guess it was cheaper for them to rerecord the songs than to pay royalties to the original artists?

    Hey, I'm back online!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I bet you are correct---I think Peggy Lee sued for royalties for Lady and the Tramp (and I do remember hearing different versions of Lady and the Tramp songs, too).

    Glad you are back online!

    ReplyDelete