Welcome to Dan Alexander Dizmentia

Welcome to Dan Alexander Dizmentia
Thank You For Visiting

Frighten Inn Haunted Bed & Breakfast Is A Proud Sponsor of Dan Alexander Dizmentia

Frighten Inn Haunted Bed & Breakfast Is A Proud Sponsor of Dan Alexander Dizmentia
They're Dying To Serve You

Meet the Sea Dragons of OZ and the Yeti Crab

Meet the Sea Dragons of OZ and the Yeti Crab
OZ is shorthand for Australia, and not related to a Wizard

MAN-ATEE AND WOMAN-TARAY: NEW SUPER HEROES SURFACE

MAN-ATEE AND WOMAN-TARAY: NEW SUPER HEROES SURFACE
Join the Crime Wave

Bad Biker Kitties Are On The Prowl

Bad Biker Kitties Are On The Prowl
Join The Kitten Motorcycle Gang

Formula Juan Racer: Numero Uno!

Formula Juan Racer: Numero Uno!
El Coche Es Muy Loco!

Sunday, December 13, 2009

Aristocats Got Your Tongue



Somehow I missed seeing The Aristocats in the theater as a kid---I did not see it until it debuted on VHS for the first time. I did grow up listening to this old record.

Imagine my shock when I saw the movie for the first time and the songs from my record were different from the movie! I no longer have a record player, so I can't listen to this, but I vividly remember these songs---they are VERY 1970s.

Like pretty much all my records, this is scratched up beyond belief. I also somehow managed to deface all my early books and records by drawing or writing on them.

I have other records like this, including The Jungle Book (with different versions of the songs) but the sleeves are missing. However, I just finally found the sleeve for The Aristocats, so maybe I'll find the others someday, too.

2 comments:

  1. A lot of my childhood records had different recordings/versions of the songs too. I guess it was cheaper for them to rerecord the songs than to pay royalties to the original artists?

    Hey, I'm back online!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I bet you are correct---I think Peggy Lee sued for royalties for Lady and the Tramp (and I do remember hearing different versions of Lady and the Tramp songs, too).

    Glad you are back online!

    ReplyDelete