Welcome to Dan Alexander Dizmentia

Welcome to Dan Alexander Dizmentia
Thank You For Visiting

MAN-ATEE AND WOMAN-TARAY: NEW SUPER HEROES SURFACE

MAN-ATEE AND WOMAN-TARAY: NEW SUPER HEROES SURFACE
Join the Crime Wave

Bad Biker Kitties Are On The Prowl

Bad Biker Kitties Are On The Prowl
Join The Kitten Motorcycle Gang

Formula Juan Racer: Numero Uno!

Formula Juan Racer: Numero Uno!
A Real Wild Juan

Baby Formula Juan Racer

Baby Formula Juan Racer
Juan Year Old

Sunday, December 6, 2009

Broccoli and Co.



I always loved the characters at Epcot's Kitchen Kabaret. I vividly remember picking up a plush toy Mr. Broccoli at the Disney Village Marketplace in 1983. But I chose a stuffed version of Figment to be my souvenir for that trip




I recently got a deal on Mr. Broccoli, Mr. Eggplant, and a Banana, and now they are in my collection!


The ceramic Milk Carton creamer came from an antique store in North Carolina many years ago. The postcard came from Epcot in 1990.



Kitchen Kabaret merchandise could be purchased at a store in The Land called "Broccoli and Co."

My favorite part of Kitchen Kabaret was when Mr. Broccoli shouted "Eat Me!" to the audience.

He didn't really, but wouldn't that have been wild?

Kitchen Kabaret closed to make way for "Food Rocks" in the 1990s.  That show ultimately closed to make way for "Soarin'".  Kitchen Kabaret characters still manage to show up from time to time as merchandise, including Vinylmation.

4 comments:

  1. LOL!!! Unfortunately, I've only seen this show on video, but you had me going for a minute thinking, did he really say that? I did get to see Food Rocks! in person and thought it sucked in comparison to Kitchen Kabaret. Why does Disney ruin EVERYTHING good? Oh well, that's just my opinion, I guess. They could have at least given EPCOT it's own original film for Soarin'. Doesn't anyone question the fact that they are at EPCOT, but are flying over Disneyland and California in the film? I think a film over the United States or around the world would have been a better fit for EPCOT...but again, that's just me!

    Hey...I absolutely LOVE that creamer! Okay, and the plush too!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Ha ha! I don't think most people notice that it's Disneyland in the movie. Or that it's all California. I love Soarin'!

    Food Rocks was not very good. I don't miss it.

    Kitchen Kabaret was really cute. It's a shame that they didn't relocate some of the animatronics to the dining area--like the "Sonny Eclipse" alien animatronic at Cosmic Ray's in the Magic Kingdom.

    ReplyDelete
  3. What a great idea for the animatronics from Kitchen Kabaret. I wish they had done that! I wonder if they were totally scrapped or if they were put into storage somewhere?

    ReplyDelete
  4. I know that many elements for Food Rocks were sold on Ebay. I don't know what happened to poor Mr. Broccoli!

    ReplyDelete