Welcome to Dan Alexander Dizmentia

Welcome to Dan Alexander Dizmentia
Thank You For Visiting

MAN-ATEE AND WOMAN-TARAY: NEW SUPER HEROES SURFACE

MAN-ATEE AND WOMAN-TARAY: NEW SUPER HEROES SURFACE
Join the Crime Wave

Bad Biker Kitties Are On The Prowl

Bad Biker Kitties Are On The Prowl
Join The Kitten Motorcycle Gang

Formula Juan Racer: Numero Uno!

Formula Juan Racer: Numero Uno!
A Real Wild Juan

Baby Formula Juan Racer

Baby Formula Juan Racer
Juan Year Old

Tuesday, December 15, 2009

Muppet Morning Mayhem: The Swedish Chef's Croonchy Stars


This may look like a parody cereal, but it was real. In the late 1980s (I think), The Swedish Chef had his own cereal, called "Croonchy Stars." I was manic for the Muppets--somehow I failed to cut out the games on the back of the box. This cereal did not last very long in stores. I had thought maybe the Swedish Chef wasn't that popular, but I just saw that Hallmark has a Swedish Chef ornament for sale right now (it's pretty funny--it involves lobsters holding guns). I remember hearing the original name for this cereal was supposed to be "Stoopid Flakes."

Maybe another Muppet would have sold more cereal. Maybe "Gonzo's Weird-O's"? Or "Lew Zealand's Fish Flakes"?

4 comments:

  1. Did the actual Swedish Chef puppet have a creepy life-like hand like that? That doesn't look like a "Muppet" hand in the photo!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I collect some cereal boxes but have never seen this one!! Thanks for posting!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. The Swedish Chef's hands WERE real!! One of the hands was Jim Henson's!

    Dad, I am kicking myself for throwing away a lot of cereal boxes that I had saved for years. If only I had known that I could post them online years later! This one was a lucky survivor because I only saved the back panel.

    ReplyDelete