Welcome to Dan Alexander Dizmentia

Welcome to Dan Alexander Dizmentia
Thank You For Visiting

MAN-ATEE AND WOMAN-TARAY: NEW SUPER HEROES SURFACE

MAN-ATEE AND WOMAN-TARAY: NEW SUPER HEROES SURFACE
Join the Crime Wave

Bad Biker Kitties Are On The Prowl

Bad Biker Kitties Are On The Prowl
Join The Kitten Motorcycle Gang

Formula Juan Racer: Numero Uno!

Formula Juan Racer: Numero Uno!
A Real Wild Juan

Baby Formula Juan Racer

Baby Formula Juan Racer
Juan Year Old

Thursday, December 17, 2009

Not a Creature Was Stirring, Except For a 3 Foot Tall Mouse







Wow, I have a lot of Christmas Mickey Mouse memorabilia! This is just a small sampling.

This wonderful Christmas card was sent to me back in the early 1990s by my friend (and Disney Imagineering alum) Chris Oliver. Classic Mickey is so classy and fun!

The brass Mickey Mouse ornament with my name on it is about as old as I am. I just learned that he came from Lillian Vernon, and was not made by elves. My older brother Matt has a matching Bugs Bunny ornament.

The Walt Disney World Very Merry Christmas Parade 1989 ornament was a premium with Kodak film. This is kind of fragile---I have to wonder how many of these survived.

The flocked, yellow-shirt wearing Mickey Mouse plastic ornament was pretty common---I also have Donald Duck and Pluto (all from the 1970s and 1980s, I believe). The Classic Mickey wooden airplane ornament is more recent---the wings flap when you pull the string!

The flat, acrylic bell-ringing Mickey ornaments are from Kurt S. Adler (late 1980s-1990s?). Mickey sleeping under the tree (awww!) is older and from Monogram Products (it has Walt Disney Productions on it).

The cloth Minnie Mouse ornament (with tag!) is something I found at an antique store in Indiana about 6 years ago. I am pretty sure it was sold in the Disney parks in the 1970s. I found Mickey, Pluto, and Bambi online a few years ago. They are friggin' charming!

Happy Holidays Everyone!

6 comments:

  1. What a nice collection! I really like that Very Merry Christmas Parade ornament!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Dude.. you collect a little of everything like me! I also have scaled down my collecting. You should have seen my house when I also collected Star Wars stuff!! Nice items dawg!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thanks Y'all! I'm just gettin' started...

    The Very Merry Christmas Parade ornament is a prized item of mine. Seems rare to see items representing costume characters.

    I think I have some form of ADD and I collect everything I like. I do have Star Wars stuff, too!

    I am visiting my parents in Dallas and today I saw an Animal Kingdom back scratcher at a big "Trade Days" event. I was able to walk away without buying it.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Sometimes the stuff I've walked away from is stuff that I will later regret NOT buying. It's an illness, isn't it? LOL. Fortunately, after discovering Ebay, I stopped going to flea markets and swap meets, and now I've almost weened myself off of ebay....almost!

    Merry Christmas to you and your family, Dan!

    ReplyDelete
  5. This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.

    ReplyDelete
  6. That cloth Minnie ornament looks exactly like Mickey in a skirt.

    ReplyDelete